Latest Dribbble Shot

Follow us on Dribbble »

Latest Instagram Photo

Follow us on Instagram »

Latest Tweet

Dave Matthews Band // West Palm Beach, FL Poster Series

July 26th, 2012 // Posted by Dan in Blog, Dave Matthews Band, DKNG Work, Illustration, Poster, Process, Video

↳ Click on or rollover the images above for a magnified view

As a personal goal, we have a secret short wish list to work with certain bands in our career. One of those bands that we can now proudly check off our list is Dave Matthews Band. So you can imagine how ecstatic we were to be offered the privilege of creating a diptych for their recent West Palm Beach, FL two night series.

The four color screen prints have an edition of 730 and will be available for purchase tomorrow, Friday July 27 at a random time. We have a very limited amount of prints, so be sure to act fast. We will be giving announcements on our social networks in regards to the specific release time.

For your viewing pleasure, below is a process video along with close up shots of the physical prints.

PROCESS VIDEO

CLOSE UP SHOTS

19 Responses to “Dave Matthews Band // West Palm Beach, FL Poster Series”

Cameron says:

Wow…That was an Amazing Process Video…Actually, the last two videos have been great…Always cool to get a behind the scenes look at the creativity that goes into these posters.

On another note, did you guys do a Process Video for the “Corvette Mystery Project” you hinted at on Dribble account?? Looks deserving of a video if I do say so myself.

Keep Up the Great Work Guys.

~Cameron

July 26th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Dan says:

Cameron,

Thanks for the kind words. The Corvette will unfortunately not have a process video. However, we will be releasing that print in our store next week.

July 26th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

ac says:

I am in awe. Again. Simply amazing!

July 26th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Victoria Nunns says:

Wow you guys are so talented and inspiring, I always watch your videos with awe! Thanks for putting out such a high standard of work every time x

July 26th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Athreya says:

Amazing work! Love the detailing! Will get on your mailing list! :) keep inspiring!

July 26th, 2012 at 11:10 pm

nic says:

I had a job printed by Half & Half last week and they sent me a preview of this poster on the the press by mistake instead of my order. I was like..yea I wish I had done that!

details are looking amazing. keep it up!

Im framing my 27 club set this weekend. :)

July 28th, 2012 at 10:22 am

Mario says:

Wow, I really love all your work, the lights and color effects looks awesome. Hope to see more of this!

July 28th, 2012 at 11:34 am

Tom Miatke says:

Hey guys, This is a fantastic print, love it very much and DMB happen to be one of my favourite bands so this diptych is crazy good… Can you tell me if there is any particular song it references or is it just a fun concept!?! Either way it does look great!

July 29th, 2012 at 5:44 am

Spencer says:

Great prints! Love the process video as well. Question: When you say 4C screen print is it 4c spot or 4c process? and was the rosette effect done in illustrator?

Keep up the great work!

July 30th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Dan says:

Spencer,

This is a four color spot color. All of our work is made with spot colors rather than CMYK.

The rosette effect is the outcome of halftone angles being 30° a part from each other for each layer. All our halftones are created in photoshop.

For this particular design, everything was created and compiled in illustrator as smooth art, then the last step during separations everything is halftoned in PS.

July 30th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Spencer says:

Super dope Dan! Thanks for the insight!

July 30th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

jeronimo says:

i lovethe woman in the picture

July 30th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Ben says:

This is just amazing guys! Love the attention to detail, the concept, the colours and the textures!

How do you apply those textures, have you got a tutorial

July 31st, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Oliver says:

The fact that you guys can get all of those colors and detail into 4 screens using halftones is just mind-boggling to me. I’d love to see more of the process of separating there.

August 2nd, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Cesar says:

Amazing work, Dan and Nathan! You guys don’t fail to amaze. Your work is getting better and better every time. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

August 30th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Iain says:

Truly amazing work guys! Inspiring as always, and I’m super glad you’re getting to check off your ‘to work with’ client list. How about knocking out a video on the actual printing process?

September 26th, 2012 at 11:32 am

matt magi says:

I would LOVE to work with some bands some day for web design/development. This work is amazing, so jealous! If you have any tips on how you pursued the artists plz let me know :)

December 14th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Christian Louboutin Outlet says:

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you just shared this helpful info with us.
Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

April 27th, 2013 at 2:33 am

Corey says:

We just started collecting DMB posters last year. We have attended WPB every year since 2004, and this is the best set I have seen. Any way to purchase prints at this point?

February 12th, 2014 at 1:32 pm