Latest Dribbble Shot

Latest Instagram Photo

Follow us on Instagram »

Latest Tweet

Categories

Paramount Celebrates 100 Years With 100 Iconic Films

June 5th, 2012 // Posted by Dan in Blog, DKNG Work, Film, Poster

↳ Click on the image above for a magnified view

In celebration of Paramount Pictures’ 100th Anniversary we were asked to create a limited edition screenprint featuring 100 of their most iconic films.

These 24″x36″ prints have a limited edition of 3500 and will ONLY be available to Paramount employees. In other words, we won’t be selling these in our store or anywhere else for that matter.

However, for you movie buffs, you can still have the pleasure of figuring out which movies we included in the poster. Simply click or rollover the image above for a high res version. Below are some close up versions of some of our favorite icons.

Thanks to Gallery 1988 for organizing this monster of a project and to Paramount Pictures for giving us limitless inspiration.

• 30 comments

30 Responses to “Paramount Celebrates 100 Years With 100 Iconic Films”

sebola says:

great job!

June 5th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

DAN O SAUR says:

Hey Guys,

i luv that Poster so much! Everything is composed really well and the color palatte is cool. Dig that orange :-)

Keep it up!

Cheers
DAN-O

June 5th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

O-Town baby baby says:

This poster is exquisite eye candy. However, I must know why are the icons not chronological?

Regards,
oe

June 5th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

MACaver says:

very neat and I was unable to identify 22 out of 100 and 5 of them were guesses at the titles
Would love to see if I was right out of ?? Also curious as to why some years were listed twiec instead of one iconic movie per year 2011 had at least 3 films
Is there a key to the images?
Good job and I enjoyed guessing at which movie was which. Some obvious and some not quite so obvious and others required a bit of thinking.

June 5th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Dan says:

The movies were selected based off the preference of Paramount, Gallery 1998 and DKNG. The order of them was simply random and if there was any arrangement it was purely based off design (avoiding simular colors and graphics being next to each other). There is a key for all the posters, but releasing that may spoil all the fun. Perhaps later on.

If there are any particular icons that you MUST KNOW. I’d be happy to share them with you.

June 5th, 2012 at 6:42 pm

sargam says:

Hi,
Love this poster! It’s like a 100 movie posters in one :)

I wanted to know if the 1968 one is Barbarella… I am a fan of that movie, and it reminded me of her…
Would love to see the key sometime, but it’s great fun just guessing right now.

June 5th, 2012 at 10:44 pm

robin says:

dream job! love the cheech and chong next to breakfast at tiffanys :)
iconic and classic. well done!

June 5th, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Leslie says:

Great poster! Love your work and these are really fun and very well done :) Looks like you enjoyed creating them (were there any outtakes?)

June 6th, 2012 at 12:47 am

Dave Behm says:

Coolest poster ever! Great job guys!!!

June 6th, 2012 at 7:13 am

Adam says:

Nice work.

Although to be picky – the Italian Job icon has the wrong era minis for ’69.

June 6th, 2012 at 7:36 am

Joshua Rainwater says:

Dang it. This is perfect.

June 6th, 2012 at 7:40 am

Dan says:

1968 is Barbella

Outtakes – We had a few extras as back ups just in case

June 6th, 2012 at 9:06 am

maria Jose says:

I love it. When design and cinema they fussion you can see this kind of iconic and emotional types.

June 8th, 2012 at 11:33 am

maria Jose says:

June 8th, 2012 at 11:33 am

maria Jose says:

June 8th, 2012 at 11:33 am

edmund kanther says:

Really nice piece of work you created there. I love movies and I think i figuered out 90 movies. What really bothers me is 2006 (between Vertigo and Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde), may it be Flushed Away? 2004 (between True Grit and Duck Soup), The two movies between Coming to America and Marathon Man. And what I absolutely need to know the 2001 movie (between The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off).
I compiled a table in Numbers with my guesses and would like to mail it to you guys so you can check. Would that be OK?

June 15th, 2012 at 11:42 am

Jen says:

Mommy Dearest and GI Joe I think. :)

June 27th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Jen says:

The 2001 film is Zoolander. That is Mugatu you’re looking at! The 2006 film is An Inconvenient Truth. 2004 film is Team America: World Police. The two movies between Coming to America and Marathon Man are as above, Mommy Dearest and GI Joe. Correct me if I’m wrong people! I love this poster with all I am just btw.

June 27th, 2012 at 7:52 pm

edmund kanther says:

Yeah, Mugatu. Totally. Thanks, Jen.
What about the 1942 film between The Longest Yard an Rear Window? And the 1982 and 1979 film under and above Pretty in Pink? Is it North Dallas Forty?
Can you help? Anyone?

July 7th, 2012 at 8:00 am

TinBiscuit says:

This thing finally popped up on ebay. Already out of my price range.

July 9th, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Ron Hogan says:

The 1942 film between The Longest Yard and Rear Window is the hilarious Sullivan’s Travels.

July 13th, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Seames says:

Very cool poster with some clever — and at times obscure — references. Apologizes for knit-picking, but look at these comments it seems to be OK. The icon for 1976 “King Kong” is using references to 1933 “King Kong,” which was certainly not a Paramount film.

July 14th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Gnanam says:

nice awesome collections

July 17th, 2012 at 4:44 am

Melissa says:

Simply Amazing! I’m in love with this poster.

July 30th, 2012 at 8:23 am

ari says:

Unbelieveable work.. Really helped pumping up others idea..

Awesome..!!

July 31st, 2012 at 10:30 am

Pharmc810 says:

Hello! dbegabg interesting dbegabg site! I’m really like it! Very, very dbegabg good!

October 24th, 2012 at 5:20 pm

VAGHA says:

these are “simply” great!

December 13th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Khadijah Roussi says:

Love the detail of abstraction here. You summed up everything cleanly and perfectly!

March 28th, 2013 at 11:28 am

drew06 says:

It’s that details or icon from Paramount 100 Years

not is it

than before it tat besiding audit

: D Want one time

August 31st, 2013 at 3:31 am

Johnb664 says:

Thank you for another informative website. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information. bbdkgeddkccf

May 5th, 2014 at 3:32 pm